Because of managing the trust network, MYOBI uses mechanisms that provide added value for users of the trust network. We discuss a few.
Standardise data definitions
Certainty about data definitions is required when being in control over data. Therefore, MYOBI has established a Standardisation Board to build and manage data taxonomies of data definitions. The Standardisation Board uses data definitions that are widely accepted, data definitions used by lawmakers (Contract Board provides these definitions), and data definitions used in authentic sources.
The Standardisation Board uses the “comply or explain” principle to formulate the data definitions on the trust network. Applying data definitions to the trust network offers MYOBI and the users of the trust network the following added value:
- Interoperability or data portability as the European General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR) means.
- More certainty regarding the confidentiality and reliability of data. The precondition for reliable data is using the same data definitions inside and outside the company. Compare it to a dictionary. If different languages are used, other dictionaries become relevant that must be carefully linked by the company. Gray areas always arise, resulting in noise and inefficiency.
- Using unambiguous data definitions in the information ecosystem offers the company the opportunity to share company and personal data better and faster.
Standardise compliance approach
The TTP Code of Conduct GDPR is included in the TTP policy. The code of conduct is derived from legislation and professional insights. We can regard the code as an (internal) standard that a company wishes to meet when organising its business activities. The TTP Code of Conduct GDPR has been submitted to the Dutch Data Protection Authority with the request to consider its approval and create a set of standards for users of the trust network.
It is not only legal and professional requirements that are decisive for the commercial, sectoral, national or even international acceptance of a set of standards. The set of standards must also, above all, be practical to use. Efforts for the organisation must be limited, and society must easily see to what extent an organisation has effectively organised compliance with legal and contractual obligations.
The TTP Code of Conduct GDPR complies with all these requirements. In addition, the company is effectively supported by the network of trust in protecting personal and company data.
The European GDPR and the Business Data Protection Act (Wbb) form the legal framework for dealing with:
- Personal data. MYOBI has elaborated this framework in the TTP policy; and
- Company details. The TTP policy also provides for this. In addition, if the business user enters into an appropriate agreement, it can effectively protect the company’s data (intellectual property).
An objective of the trust network is to prevent any disagreements between users and partners. However, if these unexpectedly arise, the trust network provides online mediation procedures. With this, any differences of opinion about explicitly made agreements can be settled quickly and effectively.
MYOBI offers the users on the trust network a company-specific learning environment with awareness and training programs. Management and staff go through the awareness programs and collect knowledge for organising specific business activities.
At the initiative of MYOBI and under the operation of the TTP policy, users periodically verify their company and personal data. Also, MYOBI annually compares the identities of companies against public sources. Business users justify themselves with an Accountability Seal and MYOBI confirms the Accountability Seal based on the results of a plausibility test.
In this way, the TTP policy ‘enforces’ the affiliated companies that their company data is up-to-date and correct. As a result, they securely process personal and company data, and that those contract agreements are met. MYOBI confirms all this. In this way, ‘know your partner’ is effectively organised.
Getting functionality is nice, but can you help me apply it effectively?
A company needs the organisational capacity to effectively organise business activities with business processes in which control measures are included “by design,” and IT supports the operations. Unfortunately, this capacity is not always available. MYOBI provides this with a training program and/or well-trained professionals from Duthler Associates.